View Poll Results: What version(s) of VRipper are you using ?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Windows

38 84.44%
  • Linux

5 11.11%
  • Mac

4 8.89%
  • Server

1 2.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 109 << First 123451353103 ... Last >>

Thread: VRipper (Cross-platform Gallery Ripper)  

Images

Re: Viper Ripper (web-based java gallery ripper)

i have latest java installed, and all C++ from 2005 until 2019 in x64 and x32
    i can't download anything at all, i read trough the topic and follow instructions, all settings OK, the ripper loads for like 20~30 seconds and then nothing

2. Liked by 1 user: fallout11

Images

Quote Originally Posted by vanderzee View Post
    i have latest java installed, and all C++ from 2005 until 2019 in x64 and x32
    i can't download anything at all, i read trough the topic and follow instructions, all settings OK, the ripper loads for like 20~30 seconds and then nothing
    Do you get Server disconnect error after the 20~30 seconds loading ?
    Also C++ library is not required, all you need is Java, and make sure that java.exe is on you PATH env variable. if you open cmd then type "java -version" and you get command not found, just reinstall Java that should fix it

Images

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rounlet View Post
    This issue appears to me as well. The jpg extension is not marked with a dot and requires a connection programs.

And this is another problem, but if I add one page and then add another page during the download, only the page that I added before is downloaded, and the page that I added later is downloaded after the program reboots.
    Maybe I can solve this problem if I wait a little longer, but rebooting and downloading is a much faster way, so this program seems to need some improvement.

But it's still an innovative program. Thank you.
    Problem fixed in latest version, grab the 1.4.9

Private Member
    Images

Hello theghooost

thanks for paying attention...but I have files .tmp now

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ashram15 View Post
    Hello theghooost

Once the image finished downloading it will have the correct name

Images

Thx for the prog.
    Just downloaded it, installed java and startet the prog and downloaded some galleries.
    All endings of files are *.tmp Files. I can convert them via "Advanced Renamer" to jpg so no worry, but u could include a file link to the gallery if possible.

thank you

Images

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe75 View Post
    Thx for the prog.
    Just downloaded it, installed java and startet the prog and downloaded some galleries.
    All endings of files are *.tmp Files. I can convert them via "Advanced Renamer" to jpg so no worry, but u could include a file link to the gallery if possible.

thank you
    the tmp thing is a bug, it only happen on windows. am releasing a fix in a few minutes.
    i also plan to rework the details section to include more useful informations (including the thread url).
    Get the 1.4.10 version to fix the tmp prob

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ashram15 View Post
    Hello theghooost

You are right, it only happen on windows so i missed it, the problem is fixed for good on v1.4.10

Private Member
    Images

Big Thank

Images

First of all, thanks for your work

Now, I have a question.
    I'm trying to download posts, individually, not whole page. But when I grab (manually or with clipboard monitoring) the app grab the post I selected with the 14 next ones.

Here's the links I tried to grab for example :
    The basic I use. With clipboard monitor, only clicking the #message
    https://viperbb.rocks/threads/322640...1#post31038061

Same without final informations
    https://viperbb.rocks/threads/322640...der?p=31038061

The one writing in your app once grabbed
    https://viperbb.rocks/threads/322640...=31038061#1141

All 3 grab the post I want, but also 12 more (cause there are a few comments without pictures in the 14 following )

If I wanted to grab the whole page, would be for example : (page 115 cause I use 10 posts/page instead of 15)
    https://viperbb.rocks/threads/322640...-Order/page115

And would remove the "/pageXXX" for whole thread (wont try if it works for now )

Is there any way to grab only one specific post ? And the page/thread links should work as I think ?

So now ... I have some suggestions after having my "issue" :
    - A way to select multiple rows in the download list. And remove (or start, etc ..) them with only one confirmation. I had to do it one by on for 13 for my tests. (had downloads I wanted, so couldnt use "remove all" )
    - Alternate from above that could/should be done with a "ctrl click", would be a "drag select". Click and hold on one, then dropping cursor to anywhere I want and select anything between the 1st I selected and where I released click. (less important than than ctrl click. But can be very useful)

- More columns (or more details in the title one) showing number of pictures for each post. Then the obvious is to show the downloaded number/total. (% and/or real number done) We already have the background color showing progress, but showing the numbers would be nice to imho.

- Being able to open the context list (the detail/stop/remove list) by right-clicking a row.

- Adding links in the context link :
    -- open in browser (to open the post)
    -- copy link (to the post)
    -- open folder to access the folder with downloaded content in OS

- Being able to download with subfolders. When you get a post, you create a folder at the root of the download folder choosen. Would be nice to be able at least to have a tree like this :
    - download root
    -- thread title 1
    --- thread 1 post 5
    ---- thread 1 post 5 pic 1, 2, etc
    --- thread 1 post 9
    ---- thread 1 post 9 pics
    -- thread title 2
    etc.

Most of those should probably be added as settings, to keep the UI as simple as possible by default, and let users choose if they want more.

Well, that's quite a lot already. I'll see later if I should add more
    Thanks in advance for your answer and future work !

13. Liked by 1 user: theghooost

Images

First of all, thank you for your feedback i really appreciate it.
    Am replying directly in the quote, it's simpler that way

Quote Originally Posted by Calogrenant View Post
    First of all, thanks for your work

Now, I have a question.
    I'm trying to download posts, individually, not whole page. But when I grab (manually or with clipboard monitoring) the app grab the post I selected with the 14 next ones.

Here's the links I tried to grab for example :
    The basic I use. With clipboard monitor, only clicking the #message
    https://viperbb.rocks/threads/322640...1#post31038061
    Not supported as of now, will implement it in next release, the app will look for p=31038061 or post31038061 to grab only that post and not the whole page or thread

Same without final informations
    https://viperbb.rocks/threads/322640...der?p=31038061
    Same as above

The one writing in your app once grabbed
    https://viperbb.rocks/threads/322640...=31038061#1141
    Same

All 3 grab the post I want, but also 12 more (cause there are a few comments without pictures in the 14 following )
    The app is pretty dumb right now on how it grabs posts, it just download the whole page with the provided url, parse and grabs whatever it can, it won't look for URL params to grab individual posts. I am currently adding support for multi post threads, the result looks promising.

If I wanted to grab the whole page, would be for example : (page 115 cause I use 10 posts/page instead of 15)
    https://viperbb.rocks/threads/322640...-Order/page115
    I beleive relying on thread pages is not a good idea, and since am switching to a different parsing mechanism (thanks to V for providing me the valuable information on how the old ripper works ), the app won't be able to know which page contains which posts also like you mentioned the number of posts per page could be modified per user.
    I could however implement some type of pattern recognition. Let say you want to grab all posts in page 115/ page 77 for me, we could use a trick with the post counter to do it.
    first post of https://viperbb.rocks/threads/322640...l-Order/page77 have a counter #1141 and the last one have counter #1155.
    I can make the app recognize a link formatted like following
    https://viperbb.rocks/threads/322640...ange=1141-1155.
    the url is not a real one obviously and cannot redirect you to something usefull , and that imaginary range syntax must be added manually by the user.
    The good thing is that this kind of trick will always work as long as the post counter range is valid, and regardless of whether the posts exist on the same page or not, it will become irrelevant.
    i could make a range of 150 or 200 posts, and the app will be able to identify them correctly, as long as they are valid post counters for that thread.
    the bad thing is that you must fiddle with the url and provide that syntaxe to the app, it's not too user friendly but it may be a good solution for this scenario.

And would remove the "/pageXXX" for whole thread (wont try if it works for now )
    Not supported to grab a whole thread, but currently working on it. i opted to not just grab everything automatically, a dialog will be presented to the user and he must select which posts he wants to grab from a list, if he want to download all he can select all and then proceed to download. i don't think it's a good idea to just grab the whole thread, maybe it's not their intention to do so

Is there any way to grab only one specific post ? And the page/thread links should work as I think ?
    The first 3 examples you provided in the beginning should work on next version, just stay tuned

So now ... I have some suggestions after having my "issue" :
    - A way to select multiple rows in the download list. And remove (or start, etc ..) them with only one confirmation. I had to do it one by on for 13 for my tests. (had downloads I wanted, so couldnt use "remove all" )
    I can feel your pain, i will add support for that, on next version or the one after it
    - Alternate from above that could/should be done with a "ctrl click", would be a "drag select". Click and hold on one, then dropping cursor to anywhere I want and select anything between the 1st I selected and where I released click. (less important than than ctrl click. But can be very useful)
    It's easier for me to just do the ctrl click i will stick to that as of now

- More columns (or more details in the title one) showing number of pictures for each post. Then the obvious is to show the downloaded number/total. (% and/or real number done) We already have the background color showing progress, but showing the numbers would be nice to imho.
    I agree, already have changed that for the next version, i did not add column, but now rows can expand vertically to show more information including a link to the post, number of images, a 4 images preview, the host. The progress bar will not show % but will show done/total instead

- Being able to open the context list (the detail/stop/remove list) by right-clicking a row.
    I will see whether i can do that

- Adding links in the context link :
    -- open in browser (to open the post)
    Done differently like i mentioned above for the next version
    -- copy link (to the post)
    That could be done
    -- open folder to access the folder with downloaded content in OS
    Already done for the next version

- Being able to download with subfolders. When you get a post, you create a folder at the root of the download folder choosen. Would be nice to be able at least to have a tree like this :
    - download root
    -- thread title 1
    --- thread 1 post 5
    ---- thread 1 post 5 pic 1, 2, etc
    --- thread 1 post 9
    ---- thread 1 post 9 pics
    -- thread title 2
    etc.
    Will implement this at some point

Most of those should probably be added as settings, to keep the UI as simple as possible by default, and let users choose if they want more.

Well, that's quite a lot already. I'll see later if I should add more
    Thanks in advance for your answer and future work !
    Thanks again for the feedback, next version will be 1.5.0, currently fixing some issues, will be ready soon, this week end at most.

Images

Well, that's some nice support !

Glad to see most of my issues and suggestions were already planned/fixed, so it doesnt add too much work from what was already planned

Anyway, take your time, no need to rush

Images

https://viperbb.rocks/threads/469985...ight=onlytease

tried to download that post, but it does not start it at all. the old viper ripper already finished. 1.4.10 doesnt want to start.....

Images

When I click the "clear completed" button all the text for the remaining queued items disappears. The queued items are still there but no text or status bar.